Retirement Preparation - 1 Year Prior To Retirement
1.) Call Pension Plan 1-800-950-1435
- Ask for a statement of Estimated Pension Benefits
- Vesting Year = your hire date to plan retirement date
- Benefit Year = January 1st – December 31st
- A Full Benefit Year Consists of a total of 1800 hours worked to include:
- Vacation Time
- Jury Duty
- Military Service (while employed with RTM/US Borax
- All Counts
- 1800 hours worked for a Benefit Year = $75.00
- Be sure to write letters, make phone calls, whatever needs to be done to ensure a good pension.
2.) HRA Reimbursements & Funds
- Must have health insurance with RTM/US Borax to qualify for HRA reimbursement with you retire. (Please call to verify, if you qualify)
- 1-844-887-2807 or 1-884-570-2796 http://marketplace.viabenefits.com
3.) Intent to Retire paperwork must be file 6 months prior to your intended date.
4.) Social Security
- Make an Appointment for the SS office or a phone interview. It may take 1-2 Office or Phone Interviews to complete the process.
- Social Security pay is one month behind in pay. They pay you for the age you are of that month.
(Example: if you are 62 in February, you’ll receive your 1st check in April.)
5.) Health Insurance
- Rio Tinto drops your health insurance the first day of your retirement. You are eligible for Rio Tinto VIA Benefits. Get yourself and dependent(s) registered.
- 1-800-778-4313 COBRA = 1-877-292-6272
6.) 401(k)/RCP – Prudential
- 1-844-746-7381 401(k) Rollover = 1-877-778-2100
7.) My Shares
- To access your account you will need your SRN & PIN :
- Go to: www.computershare.com/uk
- Select “Manage my share plan”
- Enter the name of the company you work for = Rio Tinto
- Enter your Log-In Details
- Choose a new PIN and provide answers to 3 security questions.
(This only pertains to your first login)
- To get a PIN, you can call My Shares or request it by e-mail.
- My Shares E-mail Address = myshares.computershare.co.uk
*Be sure to register a personal e-mail account, not your RT E-mail. You will be locked out of your RT Account after you retire.
8.) My Pen Pay Web Site
- Tax Elections 1-866-471-0368
- STATE STREET PO Box 5287 Cherry Hill, NJ 08034-5287
Right-click file name to choose "Save Link As..." to download file.